Livermore got a smattering of rain - approx .09" over the last few days.  It was appreciated.  It feels like everything is dying off, but there are still blooms happening in the front garden.  Snaps, salvia, gaura, dahlia, dianthus.

Reliable penstemon -front garden

And back garden
Some nice colored snapdragons for fall.  A perennial here, short-lived.  Blue honeywort has reseeded everywhere, but it is welcome.  Easy to pull when it winds up where I don't want it.
Dianthus, I appreciate how they bloom almost year round.  I should add more to the back garden.
The rain was perfect to loosen the soil a bit for pulling weeds. Plenty of them sprouting in the slope.

And picked up one million dropped olives from the neighbors tree, ugh.  Maybe two million.  hahaha
Honestly, I was just happy to be outside puttering around.  Saw a few bulbs sprouting here & there.  I really need to start marking where I poke in bulbs.  

Another happy surprise, the native blueberry Ivan gifted - has beautifully flowered.
In the throes of  it.
And right next to the dying off,  this alstomeria made me laugh with it's spring-like vibrancy.

Hope you are all having a great weekend!  Is anyone thinking of Spring projects for their gardens yet?  I am!  

Comments

  1. You have so many blooms - that is just amazing. I had to look up Livermore to see where exactly that is. We are getting a lot of rain from the "pineapple express" which happens often this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That comment was from Phillip :)

      Delete
    2. Phillip, my parents live in Portland and I did hear you guys are getting it this weekend! Your garden flourishes with all the rain. Thankfully you have warmed up a bit.

      Delete
  2. You still have dahlias! I'm envious of the rain - forecasters here mentioned the possibility day after day here for almost a week and we got zip. Your succulent area looks great so picking up 1-2 million olives was time well spent ;) Will they sprout if left in place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dahlia foliage is very sad and icky. hahaha but the flowers look so good I have left them for the time being. I didn't believe the rain forecast, but was thrilled to wake up to the fresh smelling air. No, the olives don't sprout but they are so messy if squished on the bottom of a shoe - and stain a dark purplish color if you track them inside. I really don't get them all picked up, just the ones that roll down to the path. Now, the squirrel nibbled pomegranates definitely sprout trees everywhere!

      Delete
  3. All the colors are so pretty - I especially like that Orange/Yellow with hot pink flower!! IF you leave the olives will the actually grow? or just make messes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just smash and leave a dark purple stain. I really try to keep the path cleared so I don't track them inside. I was being a bit dramatic, lol it's not the worst thing to deal with.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous blooms! I am enjoying getting some rain, it makes everything feel so fresh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the morning after the rain it smelled so fresh out!

      Delete
  5. Oh my.... loving all the pops of color. :-)
    Yes, our old hens where not too pleased we brought in two young hens. Thankfully the pecking order has been established and they are being nice to each other. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am so glad they get along and have established their pecking order! I do miss having chickens.

      Delete
  6. Oh you have so many blooms, and wonderful foliage plants, too! I'm glad you got some fresh rainfall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to look up Livermore to see where you live. California must have a similar climate to where I live in Australia as I recognise many of the plants you grow in your garden, which looks beautiful. And doen't that rain softening the soil help with pulling out those weeds! It makes all the plants happy as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying my best with adding your beautiful plants, I hate to admit I've killed a few. I think mostly because of the different soil, but am getting there! Yes, the rain was perfect and much needed. :)

      Delete
  8. The variegated echeveria? Next to the red snapdragons and honeywort are cute. I really like the wider shot through the garden. I didn’t see any weeds there at all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, ~Tracy

Popular posts from this blog

Spring energy!