Ugh!  I noticed a gaping hole in one of my Golden Barrel cactus when I was wandering through the garden yesterday.  We are in the midst of 3-4 days of rain, which will be followed by a morning freeze - BAD, bad bad.   I will try to lay some poly-tarp on them just for a few days to keep the slope as dry as possible.  I thought being planted on the slope would provide them with enough drainage, and most do seem nice & firm.   These were just planted Spring 2022, if they can make it through this deluge should be fine in the future.  

Goo.












and more and more goo. 😒











Here is the before - thankfully those big boys Goldens seem solid.  The rot was on a mid size 10" and a much smaller 3".  One portion of the Golden Fox cactus was rotten in our earlier rain in December 2022.  But it looks like the rest of the plant will pull through unscathed.  Fingers crossed.








On a positive note, the manzanitas by our driveway smell & looks glorious!  I brought some of the flowers inside and they've held on for 10 days so far.  
And the leucodendron next to them is popping, and needs a trim.











The sunburst Aeonium (black slope) are as cheerful as can be.  
















Dr. Feelgood is OVER the rain.  
















Comments

  1. Oh! The golden "before" photo is magic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so in love with them especially when the sun hits in the evening.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, ~Tracy

Popular posts from this blog

Spring energy!