A new project! I can't be the only one who gets excited about rocks.  Sophia and Ivan helped me gather some free rocks at American Soil & Stone in Berkeley.  Then we went in and purchased a few as well.  I'm excited to add rocks, ledges and plants to the slope to really get that "full" look I love.  As much as I admire a clean look, I can't seem to live with it.

I had to spend a couple hours picking up all the leaf debris, etc., this is an ongoing weekly job.  These sunburst aeoniums get a little dappled morning sun and shade the remainder of the day, probably why they look pristine even in August.  
Thankfully, I do have 2 of the large green bins.
I will try to have restraint around the golden barrels, I think they look best mostly by themselves.  Here we added some large flat rocks for "ledges".  Thankful that Ivan lifted the large pieces for me, that big rock holding the puddle was VERY heavy.
Started adding rocks and plants here...

hmmm, doesn't look like I picked up detritus !  I did, I tell you!

After being outside all day, I came in feeling so accomplished.  Now looking at the pictures I'm not as sure.  Oh well, much work to be done.


Having space for the rocks and needing more plants is a problem I'm happy to have.  As well as having my helper close at hand, Thanks Dr. Feelgood!

I have enjoyed the mid 80's temps this week.  Another heat up is in store.  Hope you are staying cool!  Have a great weekend 😀











Comments

  1. I'm envious of all those rocks! You can never have too many of those, especially in a succulent garden. I'm planning to get more for the very sad looking succulent bed in my front garden, although I haven't mentioned that plan to my husband yet ;) I'm putting off that project until the fall when temperatures are cooler.

    Is that a cordless leaf vacuum? I have one with a cord but I think I need an upgrade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is and is so handy - and otherwise would be terrified of falling in the pool ! The battery is great and will last for several hours.

      Delete
  2. I love the puddle rock, it's a good one! I think you've done a great job of adding the rocks to the slope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I’m always on the lookout for rocks that hold a puddle, I love them.

      Delete
  3. Free rocks? They "rock"! Your work looks great and so nice to have a few days of garden-able weather in the dog days (sorry Dr. Feelgood) of Hotgust, isn't it? We had a couple here too.

    I keep dreaming of some boulders on my front slope--but it hasn't happened yet. Strategically placed boulders with flat tops would make it easy to climb the slope to weed and do other maintenance. Someday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is brilliant! I can only lift so much, I’d love to have some massive boulders in the slope.

      Delete
  4. I think you’ve done a fabulous job! I know your eye can see all the detritus, but all I see is the incredible variety of healthy cacti and succulents that you’ve got. The new rocks help make them look at home and I see you brought home some new plants as well. Dr. Feelgood is smiling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He is smiling, hahaha.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, ~Tracy

Popular posts from this blog

Spring energy!