HERE COMES THE SUN!  Whooo, is it cold - just above freezing.  So delighted to see the sun shining this morning.  

My daughter S has beautiful orchids and  often gifts them before they bloom.  How lucky am I!  I was protecting this one a bit so it is cramped next to the house with the Aloe Suprafoliata(s). 


This morning I'll be going outdoors for a run, and then will be happily removing all the tarps, covers & frost cloth and letting everything breath & hopefully dry out.  YES!




The yard looks ridiculous with all this going on. I cannot wait to pack the covers away, but it is a little too soon for that.


Small pop-up frost covers for the foxtail agave, these have been so handy.  I just pop them over, put 2 stakes in the corners and done (you can do 4 obviously, I'm too impatient).


Various pots all lined up next to the house with an extra frost cover thrown on.  Aloe Plicatilis not behaving and throwing the cover off.  I have a couple plicatilis in pots, and this one is ALWAYS soooo dramatic.  She's very pouty while the other one is growing double speed (gifted from I, in his magic soil mix).  













The golden barrels covered.  I have never bothered covering these tough guys, but after one rotted,  I thought they could use a break from all the rain.  The slope did direct the rain down to the path.  Maybe it helped?
Boring picture dump - the middle area is "The Great Banana Experiment & Perennials" and the last phase to be transformed to cacti/succulent bed.  Spring '23.
And same view, closer to the house.   I usually don't cover anywhere near this much, but with excessive 3 days of rain followed by a freeze - well, why not

Typically cover the blue pilocereus below 35. 




Same bed,  December '22.  I'm planning to move the pilocereus closer to the house, as it is really too cold in the winter for them.  Should be easier to protect in a new spot.













Further back.

Typically cover the pachypodium lamerei below 35.

Different angle, but here is the Pachypodium Lamerei - leafed out, so I'm guessing September 2022.  I covered the pachy the same way as I previously protected (in a pot) in 2021, so hoping she leafs out when the weather is warmer.


Two more beautiful orchid (inside) currently in bloom, from S.
*S, if you see this will you comment with their names?

Dr. Feelgood waking up ready to play in the sun.


Comments

  1. I just figured out how to comment! Lol, the orchids look incredible! The showers will bring flowers. The orchids names in order are; Cymbidium, Dendrobium Nobile, and an oncidium! Not sure of the cymbidium or oncidium exact species- but they're so beautiful. The two last ones are fragrant during certain times of day! The dendrobium has a sweeter smell, while the oncidium sort of has the smell of a posh 1950s perfume.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A posh 50's perfume, ha I love that! Thank you for naming the names I SHOULD remember by now. ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, ~Tracy

Popular posts from this blog

Spring energy!