Never too late to start



 Hello!  I'm disappointed I didn't start documenting the garden when we initially moved to Livermore, Ca (about 14 years ago) from Portland, OR.  Frankly I wish I had documented THAT garden as well.  

It has undergone much change, and I will try to dig through old photos as I go to establish where I started.  Currently I'm transitioning to a mullet garden- perennials in the front and cacti/succulents in the back.  😀


The front is pretty set,  I've ripped out all the grass and added d.g. pathways in California gold surrounding perennial beds.  With a few aloes and succulents thrown in for good measure.


Here is a sample of the front right garden from April 2022, when this perennial garden heads into summer the blooms change to dahlias, penstemon & salvias.





                                 A beautiful poppy 'Orange Chiffon' from 
                                                 Annie's Annuals in Richmond.  















Left Garden with path to the front porch.  Mainly hosta & callas under the window.  This is a full shade spot















Some staghorn ferns living on each side of my front door plus haphazardly everywhere.  Was lucky to receive these from my daughter's fantastic boyfriend, I.  







If I can figure out how to place photos side by side, I'll be a 
happy lady.  😕










The front right garden, the beginning of grass removal April 2018.

Front left, the continuing removing the grass,  this side is Very deep and was a solid 4 days of work.  Turkey council visit.


Funny to see the original color of our house, it is now dark navy and a big improvement.  Cat is the infamous Dr. Feelgood.  Next post I will go back (in time) to the party in the back.

I'm certain very few, if anyone will find me here.  If you do, please say Hi!  I'd love to hear from you.  xoxo Tracy














Comments

  1. Hi! Glad to see people are still starting garden blogs and I look forward to more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great garden! It is beautiful. I love flowery gardens. What's the bright pink rose in photo #4?

    Funny I have my succulents out front and the flowery stuff in the back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I remembered the name of that rose, lol. I think just a spur of the moment purchase at Lowe's -

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, ~Tracy

Popular posts from this blog

Spring energy!