Brief Return

 I'm back from a week in Portland.  Next week I'll be driving Olivia to San Diego.  Which feels like a quick turnaround for me, I like time to process and unwind.  Such is life! When I landed in Portland, the smoke from all the fires in Oregon & Washington was heavy.  Inside the plane, I could smell the smoke. 

Tina picked me up and we were off to have dinner and play a few rounds of Bingo at her local pub, The Lariat.  We won, actually I won twice and we both won Blackout Bingo with I-19.   $30 at Fred Meyer Grocery and some pickle forks.  

I got to stop in and see Loree, Dangergarden.com!  It was perfect.  

I have a lot of photos to go through to do a post on the visit.  Her garden is even better than I thought, which is saying something. 
Every inch is insane.
"Striking a chord"doesn't quite cover it, more like setting my heart on fire. 

Loree and I had a nice lunch at The Kennedy School just a few blocks from her house.  Where I overshared.  lol.  Then I was off to meet up with some old friends to walk through our high school. David Douglas High School, graduated 1984.  We are OLD. The breezeway connects the Jr. building and the Sr. building.  IF you were smart, you'd tell your teacher your next class was in the other building and would be allowed to leave an extra 5 minutes before the bell.  IF they were smart, they'd ask to confirm that by seeing your schedule.  The sky is clearing, whew!
It was a hoot, and the hallways were half the size I remembered. Tina had loads of old photos I hadn't seen. Apparently we all celebrated Christmas together in a booth at Denny's. 


Off to Welches, we rented a house to stay in for the weekend.

The Salmon River ran behind the house, so peaceful.  
Look at that sweet fern. 
Although I grew more than tired (depressed) of the wet long winters, Portland has the most beautiful summers.  Everything is so green, it's lovely. 

Walked down to the golf course, fun to snoop at the houses.  

Back home, Dirtbag garden EXPLODED!   I have hours of weeding to do.

Uh oh.

Yes, please. 
I'm not the type to go hiding zucchinis on porches in the middle of the night.  Everyone has a camera! Trying out a giveaway box.    

If this doesn't work, will try a tomato bribe.  

Comments

  1. That looks like you had such a fun trip! I can't wait to read your posts and see the photos you took of the Danger Garden. Your sunflowers are so beautiful! Good luck with all of the weeding and I hope you have a safe drive to San Diego.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alex! Loree's garden was spectacular, I can't wait to share :)

      Delete
  2. I know people who bring garden grown produce to work. Someone will take it.

    1984? You are old. (Kidding. I graduated in 1989, so I'm not much younger than you.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband said "it will all be gone by morning" - I didn't think so. He was right, empty. Ha ha, the 80's were a fun time to be a teen.

      Delete
  3. You are letting any grass grow under you feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to September, zero plans and able to be out in the garden every single day!

      Delete
  4. A fun trip!!! I have not been to Portland. In fact I have not been to Northern California, Oregon or Washington. I have been to San Diego, twice. ;-)
    I love your sunflowers.
    Safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carla, I do love sunflowers and watching the birds go after them. I am looking forward to seeing San Diego it's been a few years!

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you were cleared to go to Welches! Thanks for spending some of your Portland time with me, I had great fun with you that day. You took fabulous photos of my garden! San Diego! Wowsa... enjoy! Will there be a garden or nursery visit worked in? (is Olivia going to school there?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a #1 highlight to see you and your garden! Yes, Olivia is going for a quickie top-off on her schooling. I'm moving her down, and I will be much too lonely in the car on the way back. The only solution is picking up a new plant or two. ;)

      Delete
  6. "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff." Doctor Who, “Blink,” 2007. I’m writing about that now… whenever that is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I clearly remember a neighbor trying to dismiss your veggi-gardening efforts. I hope it was that person who picked up the free zucchini :-D
    I also hope you have a good recipe for a zucchini bread.

    I'm patiently waiting for your post about the Danger garden: your camera angles impressions and whatever set your heart on fire.
    Chavli

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a packed summary of what you've been up to! You are a brave soul to revisit your high school - I've steered well clear of mine since I left. As to your vegetables: IMPRESSIVE!

    Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, ~Tracy

Popular Posts