Howdy

 I'm back from Arnold.  We had a great time!  I was excited to see the Plumeria blooms opening this morning.  It's basically a stick for 8 months of the year.  Lovely fragrance even at this early stage. 

I didn't take many photos while I was there, too busy relaxing. Here's my friend's nice cabin, with outdoor seating on 2 sides. You can seek out the sun or shade. 

Manzanitas are plentiful in Arnold, I snapped a photo of their bear box surrounded by them.
Came home with a new sticker for my waste bin, and a new t-shirt from The Lube Room (cool bar we stopped at to wet our whistle before playing BINGO with the locals). 
Before we left, I was in full sweat inspiration mode.  Now, of course I'm searching for that spark. Aloe 'Yemeni Orange' first bloom stalk toppled over.  There are a couple more coming, and they do look a bit sturdier. 
Gasteria bloom arching over Ptilotus & Phylica.  
My surprise comeback stand of Dahlia Cafe au Lait had fallen over, top heavy.  Made the best of it, chopped and taken inside. 
 Aloe distans harboring a snake.
Aloe Dichotoma getting that hunky trunk.  
The Echium wildprettii which survived a lot of manhandling over the winter & spring is blooming really late- I'm not sure that it's crested but it's definitely a little oddball. 
The meteor is shrinking as things grow around and on it. 
I planted a quintet of Agave ocahui at the base, a couple are thriving (like this one) but 3 look iffy.
I thought this oregano was 'Kent Beauty' but it looks a little pinker and not as fluffy?  Maybe it's scorched. 
My 2nd try of Acacia glaucoptera or 3rd?  I see new growth! 
This year I've been more consistent with banana feeding.  I think this is Blue Java, Musa acuminata x balbisiana.  It bears a small blue banana, that is custardy and lightly sweet with a hint of vanilla. Also called the ice cream banana.  I WANT THOSE BANANAS!  With consistent feeding and no doubt the milder summer -those leaves are looking healthy.  We shall see, with my banana luck it will bloom in November and not make it through winter.  
That's a wrap.  I'm curious if you have a lull in energy after a few days of downtime?  I always seem to require a fight back for my normal energy level.  

Comments

  1. Love that Agave ocahui! Downtime? What's that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had an extremely full summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still feeling my trip (I got home Tuesday night), but it might also just be the heat of summer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, ~Tracy

Popular Posts