A quick check-in, we left for a week long vacation to Florida and came back with covid.  Ugh, really knocked my socks off.  I'm fighting back now tho and on day 6.   Yesterday I was able to go for a really short run and putter around the garden for the rest of the day.  I didn't get anything substantial done, but it sure felt good to be outside.  In the past few days, the Drimia Maritima, sea squill has started blooming and the Amaryllis Belladonna a few days later.  

The crinums in the front are later than the crinums in the slope (less sun).  I believe these are 'Ellen Bosanquet'.  

The pumpkins are going completely bonkers, I threw down several different types of seeds - so I'll have to wait and see what I've got.

The Scadoxus is scadoxing!  

Crassula falcata bloom is so vibrant, this one is later than the rest - it is under shadecloth as I'm protecting the banksia for it's first summer.  
It's fun to come home and be able to "see" growth you wouldn't detect with your eyes on everything, every day.  The established aloes really seem to be taking off.  Which is exciting, I want them to be MONSTERS.  This Aloe Hercules is about my height now (which isn't saying much 😀).
A lush Aloe ferox, some hybrid.  

The one remnant from the great banana experiment lives on, although I've given up on hoping for the fruit to ever arrive.  Or the monkeys.  'Raja Puri' -this area needs cleaning up, as well as the rest of the front.  We have another HOT Wednesday coming up, and I think I'll get serious after that.  And hopefully will be feeling full tilt again!

Thankfully, we have had the good Doctor on hand during our covid sickness.  Always ready to join in on a nap.  Hope you are feeling healthy and happy as August is coming to a close!



Comments

  1. Oh, dear. Sorry to hear you had COVID. I had it in May and it was like a really bad cold. The worst part was having to avoid other people. Your blooms and foliage are all so lovely. Keep us updated on your pumpkin harvest. And enjoy your naps with kitty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth! It does feel like a cold now, and much easier to manage. First couple days knocked me off my feet, the headache was the worst!

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry that your vacation ended on a note like that! I've heard that COVID's on the uptick again, which is frustrating. I'm glad you have the garden - and Dr Feedgood, of course - to offer comfort. My Amaryllis belladonna are quickly finishing up, although I haven't seen the less prolific white variety show up yet. Your Crassula falcata is ahead of mine - I've only seen one flower thus far and even it's not fully developed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so odd how neither of us is consistently ahead with blooms - we just ping pong back and forth with the "this is blooming now". Yes, I didn't realize Florida was a hotspot right now for covid - I've been lucky to never catch it until now. Glad to be on the other side of it!

      Delete
  3. Struggling to comment--I don't know what blogger is doing.

    That first photo is so beautifully lit, evoking late summer. Great picture! No sign yet here of Drimia flowers. A few Amaryllis belladonna seedlings up on the slope are now old enough and flowered for the first time--they grow from seed too though who cares the bulbs are prolific enough.

    Dr. Feelgood looks like he's having the best nap ever. No wonder he feels good.

    Best wishes I hope you are feeling a lot better and can enjoy your garden again as soon as it cools down. Forecast here is for some '70'sF at the end of the week. Yipeee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! for the 70's. We have a few in our forecast as well, so thrilled. Dr. Feelgood totally lives up to his name, hahaha. I am feeling better each day, thank you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, ~Tracy

Popular posts from this blog

Spring energy!