A quick post, I've been outside working in the glorious weather non-stop.  The one & only Banksia I didn't manage to kill off, has a beautiful cone!  Below, some of the current blooms I stopped & clicked a picture of:







I was losing sleep over the drab color of the california gold 3/8.  Ugh, I couldn't stand how it looked.  So I've topped it with a couple yards of ginger fines, I don't think pictures truly show the difference.  But I'm happier with the warmer look of it.  Topping the paths off with fresh gold fines and raking everything as well.  I may need one more yard of the gold fines, although my back is protesting the thought.  TriValley Landscape (Pleasanton) has much prettier gold fines than Cochran Landscade (Livermore) BUT they also have huge clumps in their fines that I have to stomp out.  I'll post pictures when I'm done with that project.

I'm trying my hand at a crevice garden, I admit that I lack the patience to really do these justice.  However, I am really liking how it looks.  This was about halfway through.

                                       And during the top dressing with ginger fines.  Still a work in progress.


Need to finish up top dressing.


                      My favorite dish from Easter, Ina Garten's tomato & herbed ricotta salad.  YUM!  


    Helping me relax by napping on my tired legs, thank you Dr. Feelgood. 



Comments

  1. The crevice garden looks amazing!!! I love all those blooms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like it, even though I KNOW I rushed it.

      Delete
  2. I'm impressed by the crevice garden already but that alone might explain your aching back. Pace yourself! (Not that I always follow my own advice in that regard but I'm hoping the point solidifies with every year older I get.) Your back garden top dressing looks good to me but then I've neglected that this far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I got a little worked up about the top dressing. In reality, the plants grow and it's not even a thought in a year or so. I took it fairly easy yesterday, I did need break!

      Delete
  3. All the blooms are beautiful--especially the Banksia and the Tulips! Your crevice garden is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have some areas to fill in but always fun to go get some more plants :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, ~Tracy

Popular posts from this blog

Spring energy!