Day 3

 I promised an update every day, so I'm doing it.  I feel now I could have covered the deck in one post or maybe two, haha.  Today the stair frame and lath house posts were added, as well as more decking.

Thank you to Anvil for naming the to be constructed shade house the "Laugh House".  Olivia came out to inspect with me, and convince me the stairs weren't too wide.  I think she's right, they are appropriate.

The view from here is what started this whole thing, and I really need to take all the shade umbrellas down.
Upper deck has begun, this is where the Laugh House will be, I had them cement 8' posts in each corner.  
It main deck is just 14', but there were 3 of us up there today, and I think it will be pretty comfortable for 6-8 people.

The Inspector.  A few aloes got bunged up today, which hurts.  I guess that's to be expected :(

In other news,  Olivia has moved home for a bit after finishing up college and needed a bookshelf for her room.  Off to Urban Ore in Berkeley for some repurposing! Anyone need a section of airplane?

There were 3 rows of seats inside.  
This place was huge, reminded me of Hippo Hardware in Portland.  Olivia was off to the furniture section.  

Oh, well maybe I should take a minute to look outside?  Cool old fridge/freezer.
These circular yellow couches were fun, beautiful condition.
I loved this area of everything planted with succulents.  Old Washer, wheelbarrows, tubs.
Wonderful!
Millions of windows.
Grates, these were cool.  2 of them already sold.
This steel table was hard to leave behind, it would be great in the greenhouse or the new shade house. This may be a good reason to go back.  The prices were very reasonable.
A beautiful bench.  There were several of these pots/pedestal.  I tried to pick it up, wouldn't budge.
And then, things got interesting... rocks, and clay pipes?  Hmmm.  I HAD to grab the 2 almost oval shaped pipes.  $20.  I knew I couldn't take too much space in the car, as we were there for furniture.  I want to go back for the table and maybe those square pipes.  A group of them might be very interesting, agave?, mangave?  planted in them.
And Olivia found a nice tall bookcase, a chair and a nightstand.  It's a good thing I didn't buy anything other than the pipes, there wouldn't have been room!  Day 4 tomorrow, the final step! 

Comments

  1. Progress. So many interesting finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I could get into so much trouble at that place! Your deck looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, ~Tracy

Popular posts from this blog

Back home

Spring energy!