Day 2

 The retaining wall and dirt removal was so BIG yesterday, I don't know if these progress shots seem as much.  However,  a lot of work was done. The bottom deck is filling in.  Will be trimmed to match the edge of the concrete curve.


The far end by the fence will have 4 steps that lead to the upper deck where we will attempt to put together shade or lath house.  The upper deck will be smaller, about 5 x 7.  This area gets morning sun, then is shaded by the cypress and Arbutus unedo for the remainder of the day. There is about 2' of planting space between the stairs and the fence.  ANY IDEAS?  I NEED PRIVACY in that area.  Honestly the nice neighbor on that side (that is her unattached garage which she doesn't use) doesn't go into her backyard at all.  I just want the feeling of green and to block the neighbor behind us.  Bamboo?  Cannomois grandis? Arundo donax?  PLEASE SHARE ANY IDEAS!!! Help!
I'm being a little dramatic, but can't stop thinking about what to put there. And it is a great time of year to plant something, in our climate.
He very much likes when they leave, and he can go sniff and play around up there.  

I went out to do a quick water, it's going to be almost 90° tomorrow.  Feels nice tho, with the cool mornings and evenings.  

Looking fresh after the wash.
Cheery little Gazania.  These were from seed, full sun and have been little troopers through the heat. 
Can I tell you how happy I am that 2 of the 3 Phylicas I planted in the Spring have survived the summer scorch?!  New growth is showing, knock on wood they handle the winter. 
Day 3 and 4 to follow!  Please offer any advice on a screening plant if you'd like, I'd appreciate any advice.  😀 

Comments

  1. So much progress in just two days!

    I love Cannomois grandis but it might be a bit too squished in the space available. How about a tall and narrow shrub/tree like Callistemon 'Slim'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, thank you for your advice. I love Callistemon, I'll obsess about that now. *I'm amazed at the work these 2 guys knock out.

      Delete
    2. I just looked it up, 10' tall, not too wide & those gorgeous furry blooms, this may be "the one"

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, ~Tracy

Popular posts from this blog

Spring energy!

Back home