The Echinopsis party is just beginning and a ? for WordPress bloggers

 Echinopsis 'Dutchman's Gold' from Brent Wigand, discovered from reading Gerhard's blog.  Such a fabulous addition and the blooms are so bright and beautiful, I can spot them the second I step out back.  Several other Echinopsis in this area are budded up.


In my typical fashion, I can't find the tag on this one.  I've narrowed it down to Echinopsis 'Chorlette' or the descriptive 'Version 16'. hahaha, I can only laugh at myself.  I think it will be easier when they all bloom and I can take a better guess.  

I just love it!
So soft, this one was gifted so I'm not to be blamed for no name.  
And this morning the second bloom opening, I just wish they lasted longer.
But there are more on the way to enjoy.

I mainly wanted to post this morning to post a question.  On many WordPress blogs, I am unable to leave a comment.  I'm wondering if anyone has had the same problem?  I've tried different browsers to get around it, but it made no difference. I'm wondering if I need a WordPress account to post on some blogs-perhaps a setting on the blog is preventing comments from non-users?  The comment just goes out into no man's land.  Anyway, if anyone has thoughts I'd love to hear.  
Echium candicans 'Star of Madeira' (variegated) is brightening up a back corner.
The Sisyrinchium, blue eyed grass adds a nice touch here and there on the edge of things.
The honey garlic bulbs are blooming. 
The front perennial garden is shaping up, I'll do a post on it soon.
Always good to see butterflies in the garden, a California Sister.  

Have a lovely Sunday!  











Comments

  1. This is so lush and beautiful. What a treat to share it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH for echinopsis flowers! I've been enjoying mine immensely. Some day I'd like to visit Brent Wigand at this time of year. With 1000s plants in his nursery, it must be insane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gerhard for sharing Brent's info, I am thoroughly enjoying this addition to the garden. I can't even imagine thousands of them blooming, like echinopsis Disneyland!

      Delete
  3. One of the blogs I read is on WordPress, and I had to create an account in order to post a comment. With each new comment, I would have to sign in. If I remember correctly, there was a "reply" button at the end of the post, and if I used that instead of typing in the "comment" section, I didn't have to sign in. You could try that. I'm not a blogger, just a reader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I "need" more Echinopsis! I have just one, which looks very similar to the white-flowered one you photographed. (Mine is an Echinopsis oxygona.) As to the Wordpress issue, I encountered the same problem last year and had to create a WP account to resolve it. WP assigned me an identity but it still doesn't recognize my blog URL, although a change the platform made several months back allows me to add my URL to the comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, interesting. Thank you for the info - it's weird because some of them I have been able to leave a comment in the past. WP obviously dislikes me!

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed all the beauty popping out at me!!
    I also love the California Sister, what a fun name for a butterfly.

    To answer your question... I used my first duck egg to make banana bread... YUM, extra moist banana bread.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea! They are great to bake with, banana bread sounds good.

      Delete
  6. Oh fun: They're all so beautiful! Lovely, lush plants and great photos of all ... including the last photo of the butterfly. Your garden is the place to be right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have fondness for garden paths and I love the paths you created. Sisyrinchium (blue eyed grass) is very well placed, the bloom color is fantastic, though I'm jaded, it's my favorite color. I enjoyed seeing the front of the house. That perennial border edging the front walkway is gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing more!
    Chavli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chavli, agree on the color-I've added the Sisyrinchium wherever I can find a spot. And still want more!

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous cactus blooms and I am so excited for the honey garlic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you S! Can't wait to see you Saturday :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, ~Tracy

Popular posts from this blog

Spring energy!