Spring Week

Things are happening!  I've neglected to update, but I've been busy weeding, planting, etc. 

I thought this Iris was 'dangerous mood' but it is missing the black.  So no idea what mood this is, hahaha.  She is pretty and full of mood, though.

A pretty snap that overwintered from 2023, very fruit punchy and 3' tall!.

A shoutout to the lovely Viburnum that gets absolutely neglected in the back corner and looks lovely all year, especially now. 


Spring Break was last week, all the kids were home!  We went to American Soil & Stone and brought back one thousand pounds of rock.  Thanks to Ivan for the heavy lifting.  *Filling the car.
I usually place the rocks first and then rinse.  Olivia was serious about uncovering the beauty and got to rinsing.

Some beauties.
I did feed them for their troubles, a Basque cheesecake - one of the desserts I made for Easter.  
The sea of blue honeywort in the front garden needs to be tamed, I'll pull some out today.

I planted Clianthus puniceus 'pink flamingo' Spring or Summer of 2023, and it really didn't get around to much last year.  It was worth the wait, these blooms are terrific! 
This beautiful Pleione Versailles gx 'Bucklebury' arrived from Far Reaches Farm, with bloom in tow!
And the very fine Dr. Feelgood says hellow!  If only he'd help me pull those grass seedlings. 
I hope everyone had a lovely Easter!    

Comments

  1. Another rock drop! I'm envious (again) - one can't have enough rocks. I'm also envious of the gorgeous no-name bearded Iris and the elegant Clianthus bloom. At best my bearded Iris can be described as erratic boomers. I lost one Clianthus from Annie's but I think I need to try it again.

    I hope you had a great Easter holiday with your kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris! I hope your Easter was great as well :). This was my second try on the Clianthus, first one got fried here. I couldn't resist them tho, this one is in a protected dappled shade spot.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! Beautiful blooms of all sorts...and rocks...and dessert! Enjoy the spring weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blooms are beautiful, but my eyes immediately went to the rocks. Can't wait to see where they'll go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, I'm with you on that! Love getting rocks, even if I'm not sure where they are going.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the update! I admit to wondering what you'd been up to as you had been so quiet. I love that Clianthus puniceus 'pink flamingo'! I once grew a clianthus to blooming side (the red one) but it's not hardy here and with our erratic weather as of late I'm not going to try again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, red would be lovely. This was a second try, I cooked one prior.

      Delete
  5. Oh my, what a fun post. Rocks!!! Love rocks. Iris!! Love iris!!! And that cat!! :-)
    Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous Iris! I am also so excited about those rocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rock day was a blast! The whole week was great with you all ~Love, Mom

      Delete
  7. Such beautiful floral images, and what an escape of a backyard you have, and that cheesecake looked delicious! Hope you have an amazing spring!

    xoxo, Midori

    https://www.midorilinea.com/blogs/midori-linea/my-daughters-turns-one-photoshoot

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dr. Feelgood looking as if nothing could bring him down. Mood for those iris: groovy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. hahaha, Groovy Mood it is! Dr. lives up to his name, that's for sure.

      Delete
  9. Whatever the Iris' mood happens to be, it puts Me in a very good mood: that's one fantastic bloom!
    Do you know which Viburnum you go there? I bet the scent is heavenly.
    Your cat is gorgeous and of course he is helping: in a supervisory capacity!
    Chavli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't remember the Viburnum, it may be one of the first things I planted back there - and one of the few that still exists. Yes, he IS helping.

      Delete
    2. Viburnum tinus, I believe. Lots of rock indeed. I am thinking of ordering a few cubic yards of basalt riprap myself. Won't be near as interesting in form as yours, but fits our garden style. Hopefully there will be a few with quartz crystals!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful flowers and I like those rocks too.
    And hello to the kitty-cat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the eclectic nature of your garden, cactus andsnapdragons and rocks. Your spring break week and Easter sounds like it was lovely family time. Nothing better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, ~Tracy

Popular posts from this blog

Spring energy!