Getting ready for a getaway

 I'll be gone for a few days to visit with friends in Cave Creek, AZ.  A few pics before I go, I'm thinking now that we are getting into the 80's there will be serious changes to the garden. Aloe speciosa sent up a late bloom, it's first - I'm thrilled! I'll be checking this the minute I get back home.

The ranunculus really exploded!
The Raoulia hookeri has been added to the small crevice garden, so far so good.
I have to admit I can't remember what this is.  Another thing to check when I get home to see if the blooms opened.
The Lotus berthelorii is early blooming, so pretty.
Poppies, of course.  Red chief I believe.
A patch of iris with sunflower starts behind.  The sunflowers are my attempt to shade the tomato plants when it gets hOTter.
So sweet, anemone.
Greenhouse bloom, lasting longer than most cactus flowers do, day 3. I need to get everything out of there when I get back.
And a question, does anyone grow Liparia splendens, mountain dahlia?  Mine is growing, very slowly but I'm wondering do I dare give it fertilizer.  I'm thinking better safe than sorry and just let it do it's thing.  I did swap it into a more rocky draining mix and it seems happy with that.
I'm hoping you are having a little sun to enjoy, as Dr. Feelgood has.  Have a great week!

Comments

  1. Your garden's looking fabulous, Tracy! I think you're right that the added warmth is going to create another round of surprises by the time you get back. You'll have to share your updates upon your return. In the meantime, have a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip! Those ranunculus are gorgeous and I'm jealous of your Raoulia hookeri success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your trip.
    I LOVE your ranunculus. I have never grown them, I really should try here in Wisconsin.
    Your garden is beautiful, thank you for sharing it with us.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lotus berthelorii is stunning in your dry bed! That burst of rusty orange is absolutely fabulous!
    Chavli

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks so good! I love seeing all of the blooms. I still have some ranunculus cut in a vase! I am excited to visit again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you honey, I'm glad they lasted after they cutting. Can't wait to see you!!!

      Delete
  6. Gosh, I don't know where to start--so many beautiful, healthy plants and blooms. The Ranunculus flowers, Anemones, and Irises really caught my eye. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at all the blossoms! Just amazing. We are still waking up here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy travels! Very cool, unknown plant. I look forward to learning what it is when you get back. The lotus trailing through the rock garden looks wonderful - I do love those deep orangy-reds. Red Chief is a favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If my garden looked that wonderful I wouldn't want to leave it, but getaways are good, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes getaways are fun - coming back home even better!

      Delete
  10. Raoulia hookeri, that's a new one for me. Will keep an eye out for it. I can always use more small groundcover-type plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's got great texture, I *think Ivan found it for me at Berkeley Horticultural nursery.

      Delete
  11. A spot of warmer weather has really brought the blooms out in your garden, Tracy. I especially love the ranunculus, which I am about to plant a few corms of in my garden for the first time. And the iris's and poppy's are equally as delightful. My aloes are flowering now the weather has cooled too, so we must have similar weather, albeit opposite seasons.
    Enjoy your holiday! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, ~Tracy

Popular posts from this blog

Spring energy!