Always good to come home.

 I've been spending every second I can in the garden, so many weeds & moving things around.  Blooms galore, I absolutely treasure this time of year!

I wish I could've driven home from Cave Creek with a carload of plants, I did manage to carry home a Talavera snake.  The price on Talavera there is vastly different than here in Livermore.  About 1/4 of the price!  Anyone want to roadtrip?  
Various blooms... from the greenhouse, this vivid purple shocked me.  Cactus blooms are the best.
Iris
No memory of planting this one, lol.
Jerusalem sage
I need to pull the poppies & honeywort, they are a little aggressive this year.  
*Not my sideyard, but spotted on a run - isn't that lovely?
Love this shock of red when I step out into the back garden.

One of Ivan's astrophytum's in the greenhouse sent out a nice soft bloom. 
Still trying to set rocks.
Epiphyllum, I thought this was 'King Midas' but looks too pink to me?
And a BIG Happy Birthday to the King of this Castle, James!  hahaha, He saw me taking pictures of the pots I had moved about next to the house and wanted to be included.  

Today, tacos will be made - a James favorite.

Comments

  1. It's always nice to come home to beautiful flowers! I'm sorry about the weeds but that's the price of gardening I'm afraid. I'm still trying to catch up with mine but that probably won't happen until the rain stops. Your 'King Midas' looks a lot like the one that bloomed for me last year - mine came from Annie's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True on the weeds. Ok, it is 'King Midas' from Annie's then. I had it in my mind it would be more of a coral-pink. Lovely either way!

      Delete
  2. Oooooh, so incredibly gorgeous are the blooms! I like the photo bomb by your human pal among the flora, as well. Enjoy the tacos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bea, and yes we did enjoy those tacos! :)

      Delete
  3. Always fun when a spouse makes a guest appearance (I assume that's who James is?), happy birthday! Love that side yard you spotted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sorry I didn't make that clear! That side yard is a real looker right now.

      Delete
  4. Your garden is certainly putting on a show and I love the cacti blooms! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All my succulents (on a table in my home office mostly) are probably begging me to take a road trip to your neighborhood, where they could grow free and bask in the sunshine. (This afternoon it's cloudy and drizzling here). I always love looking at your plants. My favorite today was the very first picture with the red and yellow bloom. I also liked the side that you saw on your run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice you have plants right around you, I hope you get some nice sun soon. Thank you Alana!

      Delete
  6. Love every bit of your garden—such variety and vibrancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's so great to hear. Thank you Cindie!

      Delete
  7. Garden looks awesome!! Happy Birthday to the King. Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowza! What a welcome homecoming! The color contrast between red and yellow on that first picture is quite unusual. Not something I typically see. Great find on that sideyard too. Simple, yet effective and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to keep an eye on that neighborhood side yard, I'd love to see the taller cacti bloom as well! Thank you Jerry.

      Delete
  9. Thank you, I was having problems posting comments on wordpress blogs this morning. So frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your rock garden has come together beautifully! The fire-engine red Delosperma (?) is a stunner.
    Talavera for a quarter of the price? Yes please!
    Chavli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chavli, I only wish I had an empty suitcase - I would've definitely bought more art for the garden. They had some real fun pieces, glass, clay, etc.

      Delete
  11. So many wonderful blooms! I especially love the Drosanthemum micans in photo #1!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome home and wow, wow, wow, I love all the color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow your garden is endlessly gorgeous. Happy Spring 2024!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, ~Tracy

Popular posts from this blog

Spring energy!