Spring energy!

 Hello!  Livermore was the recipient of 1.5" of rain over the weekend, which is great.  However, I am READY for the warmer weather.  Next week it is predicted to be in the 70's all week! Below is a beautiful cold hardy orchid Sophia & Ivan gifted a few years back and is blooming right on schedule.  

The front perennial garden is getting there.  I'll do a post in a couple weeks when things are in their glory.

Blue honeywort is blooming everywhere, I find it hard to get a good picture of these.  

Beautiful almost turquoise blue Corydalis flexuosa 'porcelain blue' is happy in a shaded spot in the slope.  I wish I had ordered more, now they are out of stock at Annie's Annuals. 
Succulent blooms.

Banksia petiolaris is pushing out new growth, I'm always thrilled when the crazy Australian plants live. 
The new growth is a striking pinky red quickly turning gold then finally green.  Very fuzzy leaves.
Ozothanus diosmifolius 'pink' is beginning a nice long bloom season.
I was completely shocked to see this Aloe speciosa pushing out a bud, rather late but I'll take it!

 


Maybe a sprinkle tomorrow, but we're headed for sunny days.  I have lots of Spring projects ahead and am looking forward to it! Anyone have any Spring jobs they can't wait to get started on?












Comments

  1. Beautiful blooms, buds, and foliage. Thanks for sharing! Yay, spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plants are looking gorgeous and very much like spring is arriving! Your Ozothamnus diosmifolius is a reminder that I'd like to add it to my current garden. I grew it for a few years in Phoenix, AZ, but it proved short-lived. How does it grow for you in Livermore? Yours looks so healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ozothamnus has been a champ, evergreen in winter. Bloomed most of the Spring-mid Summer. BUT I've only had it one year, so I can't attest to it's longevity.

      Delete
  3. It looks spring has arrived there. I've had lots of projects that I would like to get done but the weather is uncooperative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phillip, I hope you get an early Spring there. I can't wait to see shots of your garden when it does happen!

      Delete
  4. I am so tired of the cold! We hit 30 last night and our highs have been in the low to mid 40s with rain, that's not conducive to working in the garden. I read someone hinting we might actually see 70 around the 14th, that would be amazing. I love your Banksia petiolaris, I so wish I could grow those fun Australians.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too cold, Enough! Mid March will be here soon, and I hope you see & feel that 70. The Australian plants have been a fun foray for me. Although I've killed a few.

      Delete
  5. I have many projects to start, but it's mucky and too wet for now. I love looking at yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenn, I hope it dries out for you real soon!

      Delete
  6. You have a great start on spring, Tracy! I've yet to try growing a Banksia, one Australian genus I've yet to try, but your photo has me thinking about it. I love that Corydalis too - I've killed it once but maybe I need to try it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've killed a Corydalis before, too! Either this one is just more hardy or it likes the shady spot.

      Delete
  7. Very cool to see the Banksia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spring has been slow in coming, hasn't it? But it's here, or at least soooo close!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful selection of plants. I love the name of the Blue Honeywort.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of our blue honeywort were killed by our January ice/cold event. I am hoping there are enough seeds in the soil somewhere that some new ones germinate once the weather warms up more consistently. That's an interesting new Ozothamnus I haven't heard of before. There are so many Spring jobs out there right now, but I want a few more weeks before going out to tackle them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your upcoming weekend looks like 70's? That is going to call you outside !

      Delete
    2. I meant to say, I'm happy to collect seeds if you need some.

      Delete
  12. Your blooms have brightened up my winter and I thank you. My succulents are on a table top in my home office - a far cry from your collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Succulents inside or out are enjoyable! Thank you Alana.

      Delete
  13. Your garden is really "springing" to life now the weather is warming, Tracy! The Corydalis flexuosa 'porcelain blue' are very pretty and I can see why you would like more. Would you mass plant them? I think that would be very effective when they are in flower if you did. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike, lol. I've purchased a couple more to mass under that tree!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, ~Tracy

Popular posts from this blog