Some aloes starting to open and show color, Aloe mutabilis nice and bright and I can see it from inside which is so nice.

Aloe tangerine, if I remember right.
Aloe ferox x capitata, the tip top of the blooms were a little sad from the transfer- they were already budded when I purchased them from Waltzing Matilija end of everything sale.  But they held on and are nice and fat now.
The back dry garden is looking pretty, the milder winter we had really kept things nice.  Acacia podalyriifolia's yellow blooms have begun to burst.  I think this will eventually do a great job hiding the fence as it grows. *I hate seeing fence.
Random pots in the sun.


My first protea bloom, I go look at it every morning.
Still weeding the pathways, the vinegar is doing the trick! Aeonium sunburst and a smooth Aloe marlothii.
Now the front perennial garden is a big mess!  The squirrels went after these cushions as well - dang it.  I need to order some outdoor fabric to recover.  I'm not much of a seamstress, but I have done it once before so I know I can do it.

The banana is still alive, maybe I'll get some bananas this year?  Rajapuri.  

And I have perennials stored around ready to go in the ground.  These are from Annie's Annuals.  I look forward to planting these much more than sewing!
Any projects you are currently tackling?  I'm off to look for fabric. 

Comments

  1. Oh, how fun! And so many beautiful succulents and other plants. I'm beginning to dream about this year's garden. Thanks for the hope and inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you that's very nice! I feel like everything is a big mess, lol - but I am thoroughly enjoying the sun and being outside again before another rain comes.

      Delete
  2. Fabric-eating squirrels?! I guess they're probably preparing nests to bring more little squirrels into the world but I've never seen them do that. (I''m knocking wood as I type.)

    I adore that tangerine Aloe. Aloe species, other than A. vera and the dinky little specimens, seem hard to find locally here. I'm SO envious of the Protea bloom...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The squirrels are cute, but what got into them this year? I'm giddy over the protea, that was a few years in the making - tiny little plants bought on etsy.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with that! Those squirrels are such a pain, even if they can appear cute! Good luck sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I do enjoy the squirrels - but the destruction was a bit much.

      Delete
  4. Squirrels there, too? Are there any places they don't infest? I'm increasingly falling in love with all your succulents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the squirrels have never been this destructive. Maybe because I pulled all the bird feeders this year and they are mad at me. Thank you, I'm so anxious for spring.

      Delete
  5. No bird seed so the squirrels took revenge on your cushions??? Blankety-blank squirrels!

    That is 1 gorgeous Protea! What a pure sweet pink. Plant looks healthy and happy too.

    Beautiful photos of beautiful Aloes--their bright warm colors make winter better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Revenge of the squirrels! I was just upstairs brushing my teeth, looked out the window and saw the culprit run to the chaise and stuff her mouth with bedding. So we'll have a few more squirrels next year. I'll keep the pads in the garage next winter. TY!

      Delete
  6. My goodness, those naughty squirrels! I recently made new cushion covers for my outdoor furniture, just because they were old and colourless. Luckily for me, I enjoy sewing. I am looking forward to getting back out into the garden and getting my hand in the soil when the weather cools. Meanwhile, I am catching up on things indoors that are neglected when I'm in the garden. I am also catching up on blog posts, after having computer issues, so I will return when time permits. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, ~Tracy

Popular posts from this blog

Spring energy!