I'm off to Orchids in the Park @ Golden Gate Park, San Francisco this morning -after a quick run.  I went out for a quick looksee in the back and was pleased to see this sweet zephyranthes bloom.  I don't remember planting, and after a quick look at bulb orders from last year only found an order from Plant Delights for zephyranthes Batik - which this is obviously too pink to be.  So either they did a switcheroo - or I I picked this up who knows where? 

Yesterday, it looked like this - a bright magenta little stick.  I'm surprised I even saw it in the slope.
I get over excited at bulbs, hahaha.  It's incredible what blooms they push out.  We went from picking only cherry tomatoes, to all the varieties ripening one or two !  Mmmmm, so good.

Have a great day, hopefully it is not too scorching wherever you are!




Comments

  1. That's a substantial tomato harvest! I love Zephyranthes but their appearance seems to be utterly unpredictable here. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Orchids in the Park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, all those tomatoes--yum! And the Zephyranthes is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have not been able to comment--blogger is acting up again--hopefully this one makes it. Love Zephyranthes though I only have the species candida and the yellow one. So lovely and blooming when a lot of plants are too tired and hot to manage it. Wow that pink is stunning. And tomatoes! Yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. It put me as Anonymous, but at least it worked --pieceofeden.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I must have planted several, they are popping up here & there and such a nice spot of color.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, ~Tracy

Popular posts from this blog

Spring energy!