A glance at the new plantings in the backyard, I think it's looking pretty good in just a couple months time.  I'm posting this as I'm curious to the difference in a year's time.    This will be useful for comparing.

Have been lucky here in Livermore, none of the June gloom that has hit other areas in CA.  Sunny, 75-80- I could really get used to this!  It's typically much hotter in June.  Hovering near 90 most days.  In the front, I trimmed back the purple smoke bush.  I like it shorter, and to be able to see the sidewalk  when I pull out of the garage.  There is a fire lane next to our house, no vehicles can go through but we get lots of walkers, bikers coming through.

And after.  Ahhh, I can see again!

The hebe is usually a bit scorched by now, this is the best it's looked in late June.  The daylilies are starting to show off.
In non-related garden news, I've been working on my costume for Harefest in Canby, Oregon.  Billed as the Mother of All Tribute Band Festivals, lol.   Everything from Tom Petty, Boston, AC/DC, Van Halen, Journey, Heart to Queen.   I camped overnight with my dear old friends last year, we had a blast!  Going for the whole weekend this time.  Here is the start, *I won't wear the yellow crocs.  I think I need more fringe.    Ridiculous, I know but these opportunities for dressing up don't come often enough!
Dr. Feelgood - doing what he does best!







Comments

  1. The weather sounds perfect, and the garden looks stunning! I'm really curious about the Hebe...I think I've seen it when I've traveled out your way and to other destinations. Nifty shrub. I wonder if it would grow well in a pot, and if I could bring it indoors during my cold winters. I'll do some research...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think so? It is well behaved, somewhat slow grower. And it looks great most of the year, until it gets scorched. So July/August it's a bit sad here, but the dahlias usually hide it.

      Delete
  2. I love it and the weather sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phillip! I'm still thinking about the last pics you shared of your front garden. It's perfect!

      Delete
  3. Your gardens both back and front look great. Cooler temps are nice. All the grey and gloom made my own plants mostly very happy.

    Surprised that Hebes can do well in a hot summer climate. NZ plants are mostly not happy in my area which is less hot than yours--maybe extra winter rain helps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, your garden IS looking so lush & fabulous! I definitely think the rain has the hebe looking it's best. It typically shows stress by now, but looks great during the fall/winter/spring. Honestly, I think I got lucky with a particularly tough plant.

      Delete
  4. How is it that I didn't know you started a blog??? Looking forward to catching up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you. Your fantastic blog inspired me to start documenting!

      Delete
  5. Harefest, in Canby, Oregon? How am I just now hearing about this? Your costume looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It is so much fun, the bands are great and the crowd is fun and easy going.

      Delete
  6. Wow, that backyard is fabulous! Looks like a curated botanical garden. It might be just the perspective, but that Aloe on the right looks absolutely gigantic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, ~Tracy

Popular posts from this blog

Spring energy!