The wind died down today, so I got going again on the yard of California Gold 3/8.  Should be able to finish this tomorrow afternoon.  It's so nice to be in the sun again!

Piling rock around new plantings. View from the other side.

A closer view of some of the various Dudleyas, I gave them a little drink.  I had them next to the house (in pots) and I didn't realize how dry they were.  

An aloe dichotoma, also difficult to see in the picture.
This side needs planting before I put the rock down. 

This gorgeous Leucodendron startreuse is going behind the couch.   This area gets a nice bit of afternoon shade. 

Will try a small crevice garden-y thing in the edge of the bed by the pathway that runs under the slope.  My first try at a crevice garden was a fail, I was too inpatient.  Not pictured, sand to add to the soil.

This tulip opened today, later than the others.  Love the brushstrokes on the petals.  Came in a discount grab bag, so no idea of the name. 

 
                                                                    Always grumpy.

                                        
                                                                Always happy.



Comments

  1. This post makes it even clearer what a massive project you've undertaken. I love all the mounds - and rock. It's going to be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you, I was feeling a little stumped over the weekend - I admit I started feeling it yesterday, I think the mounds helped me visualize a bit.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, ~Tracy

Popular posts from this blog

Spring energy!